Visit the State Historical Museum of Iowa with your school or group. The museum offers free general admission for self-guided field trips exploring the museum’s 50,000 square feet of exhibits. A brief orientation will be provided by museum staff.
The museum also offers customized field trips for your school or group. The fee is $3/student. Museum staff will create object-based connections to your curriculum featuring hands-on workshops and guided tours of exhibits. Options include:
- Compare military uniforms from wars represented in the museum collections
- Examine changes in toys or technology over time
- Learn about weapons of the Civil War
- Explore Iowa history through food-related artifacts
- Analyze photographs and documents
- Discover ways to interpret objects and learn more about the stories they tell