How to Apply
Participation in the Certified Local Government Program makes participants eligible for funding, training, technical assistance and access to a supportive network of other preservation-minded communities.
A detailed explaination of the application process is available in the Certified Local Government Program Guide. The guide also contains sample ordinance/resolution, inventory and other useful documents.
- Contact us to let us know of your community’s interest in the program.
- Your local government will then set up a local historic preservation program that is consistent with the Certified Local Government Program requirements.
- The local government submits an application to the Certified Local Government Program.
- The application is reviewed by the State Historic Preservation Office to ensure it is complete.
- Once the application is complete, the local government and the State Historic Preservation Office sign a Certified Local Government Agreement.
The application packet is sent to National Park Service for review and approval.